now browsing by category
Study Hospitality with Guaranteed Internship (Paid) in New Zealand at PIHMS
Why Study in New Zealand :
- It is safe, peaceful, corruption free & beautiful country
- Ranked 1st in ease of doing and starting business in the World
- Graduates need to study only for one year in order to get one year job search visa
- Work permit for Spouse if the student studies Level 8 course or a level 7 course in skill shortage list
- Fee to be paid after Visa Approval. There are no chance of any money getting stuck in case of visa rejection
- Best opportunity to get settle permanently because students having full time employment in cities other than Auckland get 30 bonus points while applying for PR.
Why Pacific International Hotel Management Institute PIHMS:
- Live, study and learn in a 4 star Qualmark rated Hotel
- Guaranteed Paid Internship Earn up to $30,000 during your study on a paid industry placement throughout your study (guaranteed job)
- Students are given a job and placed into leading hotels all over New Zealand & Australia (for those students eligible to work in Australia)
Programs Offered in : International Diploma in Hotel Management, Applied Hospitality & Tourism Management, Graduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Management , Master of Hotel Management
Fees: NZ$ 20313 – 24243, Living Costs – NZ$ 15,000 pa
Intake: Feb., April, July, Oct.
Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Management Level 8
- Level: 8
- Credits: 121
This course will provide students key business, hospitality skills and knowledge through 30 weeks of lecture style delivery. Students will also receive real life hotel operations learning in either food and beverage or room division. After successful completion of on campus operations, students will enter the paid industry placement program. Positions will either be in food and beverage or rooms division at top hotels in New Zealand.
Management and Commerce, Business and Management, Hospitality Management
The successful graduates will demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the fields of business planning, financial management, and product development as related to the Hospitality Industry, and principally the Hotel sector. The graduate will have knowledge and skill in operations planning, human resource management, accountancy, logistics and production management, marketing and communications.
Guaranteed Paid Industry Placements through the PIHMS Industry placement programme lead to excellent pathways into fulltime employment for graduating students.
Applicants require an appropriate Bachelor Level 7 degree in either business, management or a related hospitality area. Degrees in other disciplines may be considered if the applicant has 2 – 3 years relevant hospitality experience at a supervisory level, or equivalent. In addition, applicants for whom English is not their first language will have an IELTS score of 6.5, or equivalent. (no band score lower than 6). This course will provide graduate diploma students key business, hospitality skills and knowledge while being immersed in the PIHMS hotel environment.
|Weeks 1-10||10 Weeks academic study ? Business management studies on PIHMS campus includes lecture style delivery group discussion and introduction to research projects.|
|Weeks 12-21||10 Weeks academic study ? Business management studies on PIHMS campus includes lecture style delivery group discussion and research projects.|
|Weeks 24-33||10 Weeks academic study – Business management studies on PIHMS campus includes lecture style delivery group discussion and research projects.Examination and presentation of research reports are undertaken at the conclusion of this module.|
|Weeks 35-44||10 Weeks operational (practical) training within the PIHMS Hotel environment. During the enrolment period students will be invited to select your elective (after discussion and consultation with the PG co-ordinator) in the operational departments at PIHMS. Operational departments for elective include: food & beverage or rooms division (front office & housekeeping).|