now browsing by category
India’s Leading Overseas Education Consultants
C.Ed., the pioneer in the field of overseas educational consultancy, has been guiding students for the past two decades in accomplishing their academic objectives in overseas countries. Presently, we offer our services for a host of countries including USA, UK, Australia, Germany, and Canada among many other. Beyond providing advisory services, we also offer result oriented training services for overseas standardized examinations of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE. Below detail will present the salient features of our training services.
IELTS i.e. International English Language Testing System is a standardized English proficiency test. It assesses English Language skills in the areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking. It is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP- Australia and University of Cambridge ESOL EXAMINATIONS.
IELTS has two types of modules – Academic and General Training. Academic Module is required to be given by students who plan to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels. While, General Training Module is generally a prerequisite for the people who either want to pursue vocational studies or plan to immigrate.
Listening : It has 4 sections and 40 questions in all. It lasts for 40 minutes including the time one gets for transferring the answers to the main answer sheet.
Reading : Reading has 3 passages, 40 questions in all. Candidates are given only 1 hour to complete reading, which means that time management is very important. One must give 20 minutes per passage.
Writing : Academic Module It has 2 writing tasks. Task 1 is primarily Report writing (explaining diagrams and charts). Essay on task 1 must not be less than 150 words. Students are advised to spend 20 minutes on this task. Task 2 is Argumentative essay. Essay on task 2 must not be less than 250 words. Students are advised to spend 40 minutes on the same. In all, time allotted for writing is 1 hour.
General Training Module It also has 2 writing tasks. Task1 presents a Letter Prompt (formal or informal). Students must write at least 150 words for the same. Task2 is same as that of Academic Module. •
Speaking : Speaking has 3 parts and lasts for 11-14 minutes. It is done on one-to-one basis with the student.
- Part1: Examiner asks general questions to the student, which relates to his/her work, studies, hobbies etc. This part lasts between 4 and 5 minutes.
- Part2: The candidate is given a topic to speak, which is printed on a task card. Students have to speak for 1 minute at least and are given one minute to think and write down some points. This part lasts between 3 and 4 minutes.
- Part3: It’s a two way discussion with the examiner (questions mostly related to part 2 topic will be asked).The discussion lasts between 4 and 5 minutes.
SCORING : IELTS is graded on a scale of 0 – 9, known as Band Scale. Generally, a score of at least 6 bands for UG & 6.5 bands for PG is required in each section. The result is available in 15 working days.
Why C.Ed. for IELTS/PTE/TOEFL Coaching
We have well trained and professional staff for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE. On the first day of coaching we conduct a mock test to know where a student stands. After the mock is taken and the scores are given, we start with the teaching sessions. During the training, we guide the students providing all the details and knowledge one requires to appear for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE. We make the students practice sufficient number of tests. After classroom sessions are over, we conduct mock tests simulating the testing conditions.
Teaching methodology for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE
For listening, we play audios and students answer the questions. The times are strictly followed so that the students get the first hand experience of examination environment. The answers are discussed towards the end of the test and strategies are provided that help students score better in listening. For Reading, the trainers provide the details about various question types, approach and reasoning for answering the same and give sufficient practice to master the reading skill. Discussion is an integral part of reading sessions. With regards to Writing, strategies are discussed and the students are guided on how to improve their writing skills. Faculties make students practice writing in the class and accordingly the scores are given. Speaking is done one on one with the students as per test format. The questions are asked and the answers are discussed. The scoring is done and guidelines are given to improve the scores.
Salient features of training for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE @ C.Ed. (few features apply to individual training courses)
- Teaching pedagogy involving a very strong focus on building language reasoning skills in all the areas of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE , guiding students with approach towards different types of questions, and giving sufficient practice.
- Small Batch Sizes (Maximum 8 students per batch)
- Personalized attention
- Sufficient number of section based tests
- Experienced, empathetic and professional teachers
- IELTS – British Council Partners
- Well stocked library (Cambridge publications available for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
- Availability of weekend batches
- Fast Track Mode for students wanting to complete quickly
- Cambridge IELTS 8 issued as courseware for IELTS
- Barron’s TOEFL issued as course ware for TOEFL
- Pearson’s PTE Official Guide issued as courseware for PTE
- Comprehensive, economical and rigorous .
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or any query with regard to overseas education advisory services, contact us at any of the following locations, we will be glad to help you.
One of the most widespread concerns of students desiring to pursue higher education overseas and personnel seeking work-opportunities or wishing to migrate abroad is the decision to pick from the available choices of English proficiency tests. One cannot merely depend on hearsay and should be able to make an informed decision while opting for either IELTS or PTE. The choice must take into account core factors such as preferred country, motive (study, work, or immigration), testing style etc.
While both the exams are designed to measure the English language competence and aptitude, they differ in their methodology as well as acceptability. A brief overview of the two testing systems and a few basic similarities and differences between the two are summarized in the ensuing paragraphs, to throw light on the pros and cons of selecting either and help the readers choose an appropriate test pertaining to their purpose.
What is IELTS?
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is jointly conducted by British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment. It is designed to test four fundamental English skills namely Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
It is a paper-pen assessment where emphasis is given on the comprehension of extended text in the receptive papers (Reading and Listening), and the direct testing of performance through a face-to-face Speaking test and the use of essays and report formats in the Writing test.
There are two versions of the test to suit the educational and professional goals of the test taker:
- Academic(IELTS AC)- for university and tertiary education, and
- General Training (IELTS GT)- for work experience, training programmes and visa applications.
PTE (Pearson Test of English) is conducted by Pearson, a leading UK-based education company. PTE also assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing skills; but unlike IELTS, it is an online test where one has to use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions. It is divided into three main parts: Speaking and Writing (together), Listening and Reading. It comprises of an extensive variety of question formats, ranging from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.
PTE Academic is accepted for all educational and immigration purposes.
IELTS and PTE both have their strengths, and the choice between the two will depend on the requirements and constraints of the test taker. The safest way to go is to assess your situation, understand and weigh the advantages for each test method and select an option most suited to the scenario.
We at C.Ed. can help you make an informed choice. Book an appointment with our certified trainers to share your concerns and be assessed for the best choice for you based upon your current English proficiency level.
We wish you all the luck.
Compiled by – Ms. Neha, C.Ed. Overseas Education
- Pearson Test of English Academic is an international computer based English language test.
- It is a skills based test that measures English language ability of the candidate.
- Candidate is assessed in 20 task types, each of which consists of combination of skills.
- The test is divided into 3 main parts and lasts for approximately three hours with an optional break of 10 minutes. This includes a personal introduction (untimed) which is not assessed but is sent with your assessment of PTE to all the institutions / organization that you apply for. It can be educational institutions, professional and government organizations.
Part 1 : Speaking and Writing (90 minutes approx.)
Part 2 : Reading (40 minutes approx.)
Part 3 : Listening (55 minutes approx.)
As a potential candidate you should know what is expected of you, before you sit for the actual exam. This will do wonders for your confidence during the exam.
- Try to familiarize yourself with the test as much as possible.
- How long the test lasts and how is it divided into different parts and tasks?.
- How many tasks in each part?
- What is expected of each tasks type?
- What does the task look like on scream?
- How will every single task be scored?
- Personal introduction needs to be prepared though not assessed but is sent to institutions you choose along with your score report.
- You will do the actual test on computer at a Pearson test entre. You hear the audio through headphones and you answer into the microphone on your headset.
- You are expected to type all the answers into the computer. Introduction to every task will be given with every question.
One can find many books, online for PTE that has a detailed analysis, procedure and practice.
Importance of training sessions with hand-on information and interaction by an expert trainer cannot be undermined.
It trains you to ease your workload if the number of task types into easy to follow exercise. Allows you ample practice on paper before you actually write it online.
Finally training allows you to go through a number of assessed practice tests (paper based) this will undoubtedly enhance your scores.
Interaction with other candidates is also useful.
What is PTE:
C.Ed. Overseas Education is one of the most preferred centers for PTE institute in Delhi. PTE is a fast emerging English test for students due to availability of dates and instant results. Our certified and expert trainers help you at every stage and use modern customized training PTE training programmes to ensure comprehensive improvement in your ability to score excellent results.
Why PTE Academic?
PTE Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad. If you are ready to apply for a visa to a university or college in abroad, you can use PTE Academic test as the proof of your English language proficiency.
There are PTE Academic test centers located in over 50 countries worldwide. In India, testing is provided in the following cities: Ahmadabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jalandhar, Kochi, Ludhiana, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patiala, Pune and Vijayawada.
PTE Academic offers reliable results to the candidates. Candidates get results quickly and are acceptable by many institutions as you like. Our superior security, objective marking system and computer-based registration, testing and scoring ensure institutions worldwide can trust your scores.
Book Your Test:
If you want to study in abroad and need to crack the PTE Academic test, C.Ed. Overseas Education PTE Institute helps you book your test by following all terms and conditions. To book PTE Academic, you must be aged 18 years or plus.
Prepare For The Test:
C.Ed. Overseas helps you prepare with PTE Coaching in South Delhi, under the guidance of expert and certified PTE trainers. If you are appearing for the PTE Academic test, start your coaching with us.