International English Language Testing System
now browsing by tag
India’s Leading Overseas Education Consultants
C.Ed., the pioneer in the field of overseas educational consultancy, has been guiding students for the past two decades in accomplishing their academic objectives in overseas countries. Presently, we offer our services for a host of countries including USA, UK, Australia, Germany, and Canada among many other. Beyond providing advisory services, we also offer result oriented training services for overseas standardized examinations of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE. Below detail will present the salient features of our training services.
IELTS i.e. International English Language Testing System is a standardized English proficiency test. It assesses English Language skills in the areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking. It is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP- Australia and University of Cambridge ESOL EXAMINATIONS.
IELTS has two types of modules – Academic and General Training. Academic Module is required to be given by students who plan to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels. While, General Training Module is generally a prerequisite for the people who either want to pursue vocational studies or plan to immigrate.
Listening : It has 4 sections and 40 questions in all. It lasts for 40 minutes including the time one gets for transferring the answers to the main answer sheet.
Reading : Reading has 3 passages, 40 questions in all. Candidates are given only 1 hour to complete reading, which means that time management is very important. One must give 20 minutes per passage.
Writing : Academic Module It has 2 writing tasks. Task 1 is primarily Report writing (explaining diagrams and charts). Essay on task 1 must not be less than 150 words. Students are advised to spend 20 minutes on this task. Task 2 is Argumentative essay. Essay on task 2 must not be less than 250 words. Students are advised to spend 40 minutes on the same. In all, time allotted for writing is 1 hour.
General Training Module It also has 2 writing tasks. Task1 presents a Letter Prompt (formal or informal). Students must write at least 150 words for the same. Task2 is same as that of Academic Module. •
Speaking : Speaking has 3 parts and lasts for 11-14 minutes. It is done on one-to-one basis with the student.
- Part1: Examiner asks general questions to the student, which relates to his/her work, studies, hobbies etc. This part lasts between 4 and 5 minutes.
- Part2: The candidate is given a topic to speak, which is printed on a task card. Students have to speak for 1 minute at least and are given one minute to think and write down some points. This part lasts between 3 and 4 minutes.
- Part3: It’s a two way discussion with the examiner (questions mostly related to part 2 topic will be asked).The discussion lasts between 4 and 5 minutes.
SCORING : IELTS is graded on a scale of 0 – 9, known as Band Scale. Generally, a score of at least 6 bands for UG & 6.5 bands for PG is required in each section. The result is available in 15 working days.
Why C.Ed. for IELTS/PTE/TOEFL Coaching
We have well trained and professional staff for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE. On the first day of coaching we conduct a mock test to know where a student stands. After the mock is taken and the scores are given, we start with the teaching sessions. During the training, we guide the students providing all the details and knowledge one requires to appear for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE. We make the students practice sufficient number of tests. After classroom sessions are over, we conduct mock tests simulating the testing conditions.
Teaching methodology for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE
For listening, we play audios and students answer the questions. The times are strictly followed so that the students get the first hand experience of examination environment. The answers are discussed towards the end of the test and strategies are provided that help students score better in listening. For Reading, the trainers provide the details about various question types, approach and reasoning for answering the same and give sufficient practice to master the reading skill. Discussion is an integral part of reading sessions. With regards to Writing, strategies are discussed and the students are guided on how to improve their writing skills. Faculties make students practice writing in the class and accordingly the scores are given. Speaking is done one on one with the students as per test format. The questions are asked and the answers are discussed. The scoring is done and guidelines are given to improve the scores.
Salient features of training for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE @ C.Ed. (few features apply to individual training courses)
- Teaching pedagogy involving a very strong focus on building language reasoning skills in all the areas of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE , guiding students with approach towards different types of questions, and giving sufficient practice.
- Small Batch Sizes (Maximum 8 students per batch)
- Personalized attention
- Sufficient number of section based tests
- Experienced, empathetic and professional teachers
- IELTS – British Council Partners
- Well stocked library (Cambridge publications available for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
- Availability of weekend batches
- Fast Track Mode for students wanting to complete quickly
- Cambridge IELTS 8 issued as courseware for IELTS
- Barron’s TOEFL issued as course ware for TOEFL
- Pearson’s PTE Official Guide issued as courseware for PTE
- Comprehensive, economical and rigorous .
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or any query with regard to overseas education advisory services, contact us at any of the following locations, we will be glad to help you.