MBA in Canada
now browsing by tag
Simon Fraser University – Segal Graduate School of Business
A contemporary, full time, MBA for individuals with non-business undergraduate degrees and under five years of professional work experience. A two-year curriculum is condensed into 12 months of intensive coursework, designed to provide students with a broad portfolio of skills as they advance their young careers. This MBA program was launched in September 2007. It is the first of its kind and is still unique in Canada.
The full time MBA is a hands-on, fast-track program that lasts just 12 months, but prepares you for a lifetime of career opportunities.
- The core curriculum builds a foundation in functional management areas: finance, accounting, marketing, operations, economics and strategy.
- A set of exploratory courses encourages you to observe and question your assumptions: an international field study trip to a Pacific Rim country; essays that examine and strategically analyse a region, industry or firm; a new ventures course that develops the entrepreneurial vision and mindset; and a three-to-eight month internship at the end of the academic program to consolidate and apply learning to the workplace.
- We’ll transform how you view not just business, but your place in the world, with a series of courses that illuminate new perspectives on ethics, leadership and team building, cross-cultural management and sustainability.
A vital component of the 12-month MBA is the internship following the academic program, since most students have minimal practical experience in management-track positions, and few opportunities to obtain that needed experience. The internship will enhance your resume with paid work experience. It is also a perfect opportunity to make industry connections, identify possible positions you’d like to explore, and create introductions to other organizations that may be looking for management trainees. Unlike other programs, our Internship comes at the end of the academic program, so graduates can transition directly into the workforce.
The 12-month academic curriculum is the equivalent of most 18 – 24 month programs. We’ve compressed the schedule by eliminating extended downtimes between the three semesters and filling the time with options like the international field study trip.
Why the intensity? Your time is valuable. We treat it as such. MBA programs are expensive, not only in tuition costs but in the time they take you out of the marketplace. We have priced this program to be a rare value. And by compressing the curriculum, we lower your opportunity costs as well.
Vancouver’s location on the Pacific Rim makes it essential to understand how to do business in international arenas, especially Asia.
MBA students will have the opportunity to join an international field study trip, scheduled for Spring 2009. Destinations under consideration: Tokyo or Mumbai. Led by respected faculty members in international business, this is a unique look at business practices, cultural differences and future opportunities. The trip will include site visits, lectures, cultural events and social networking with MBA students from the host university.
The Career Management Centre at SFU Business Segal Graduate School is on a mission. Their objective is to work with you from the time you start your program, making you a sought-after candidate for internships and creating opportunities and connections to business as you search for your first post-program position.
The Career Management Centre not only equips you with the tools to strengthen your career options as you complete your MBA, it also teaches you skills you can use throughout your entire career journey. In modules that build on one another, you’ll discover:
- Your areas of strength and how to apply them to maximize your career potential
- How to create and implement a career action plan
- Work search strategies
- How to create effective resumes and job search letters
- Strategies to excel in interviews
- Techniques to improve salary negotiations
- Business etiquette, networking and dress-for-success advice
- Undergraduate degree in a discipline other than business, with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 (75% or “B”) or successful completion of the SFU Graduate Diploma in Business Administration with a 3.5 CGPA
- Five years or less work experience
- GMAT minimum of 550
- Demonstrated proficiency in English. Students whose first language is not English, or who obtained their undergraduate degree from an institution where the main language of instruction was not English, are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS
- Three letters of reference from supervisors or professors and colleagues
- Personal statement including self-evaluation and educational objectives
Contact for Admissions
C.Ed. Overseas Education
284, First Floor, Satya Niketan, Opp. Sri Venkateswara College, South Campus Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi – 110021
Ph: +91 11 4941 5471, +91 90137 80243
Website : www.cedoverseas.com Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org